SAN DIEGO, August 30, 2013 — Jeffrey Tucker is Master of Ceremonies at the 2013 Libertopia Festival. The Festival takes place August 30 through September 2, Labor Day weekend, at the Town & Country Resort and Conference Center in Mission Valley, San Diego California.
Tucker is the publisher and executive editor of Laissez Faire, Distinguished Fellow of the Foundation for Economic Education, research fellow of the Acton Institute, economics analyst at the Daily Bitcoin, and consultant to Praxis. He is the author of several books, including “Bourbon for Breakfast” (2010), “It’s a Jetsons World” (2011), “A Beautiful Anarchy,” and an annotated bibliography of the works of Henry Hazlitt, “Henry Hazlitt: Giant for Liberty” (1992).
This year, Libertopia has expanded to meet the growing number of Libertarian faithful. The Festival will include more opportunities for networking with Libertarian leaders and will hold additional collaborative workshops for participants. Festival organizers say they are committed to providing more time and space in devoting a interpersonal, hands-on approach workshop-style events to facilitate collaborative idea exchanges.
Keynote speakers at the Festival include:
- Jennifer Grossman, CEO of Jag TV. Grossman will introduce the new Libertarian television network which will launch soon.
- Matt Amberson, an entrepreneur and un-schooling advocate. Amberson is the host of DeadEasyLife.com, an educational site dedicated to understanding life’s most important topics: ethics, purpose, cooperation, self-knowledge, intimacy and parenting.
- Michael Badnarik, a constitutional scholar and author of the highly acclaimed “Good to be King.” Badnarik, known for passionately “Lighting the fires of Liberty,” once hosted a daily radio talk show by that name.
- Jeff Berwick, an Anarcho-capitalist, revolutionary and freedom fighter. Berwick defines mankind’s two biggest enemies as the state and the central banks. A serial entrepreneur, he has founded countless enterprises totaling peak values in the hundreds of millions of dollars and currently operates “The Dollar Vigilante” which covers the coming collapse of the monetary system from an anarcho-capitalist and Austrian economics viewpoint.
- Jayant Bhandari, a resident of Singapore. Bhandari constantly travels the world to understand it and to look for investment opportunities, particularly in the natural resource sector.
The Festival will also present “Open Mic Night,” which will give participants up to five minutes to speak to the group.
Additionally, organizers will present The Sovereign Awards for Lifetime Achievement to two outstanding individuals for lifetime contributions to advancing the ideas of sovereign individuality, peace, freedom and a voluntary society.
The Festival closes on Sunday night with a feast served buffet style that will allow plenty of choices for the discriminating palate.
To learn more go to http://www.libertopia.org/2013/
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.