Being a huge fan of “the smoke” when it comes to that certain flavor profile adds, I found a quick way to add it to many foods we make. Here’s an easy way to infuse your foods with some smokey goodness.
- Take a heavy pan (Cast Iron preferred) and line the bottom with aluminum foil
- Add in whatever type of wood chips you prefer (i.e. alder, hickory etc.)
- Place a steamer basket above the chips
- Add the ingredients to be smoked on top of the basket
- After you add the ingredients, cover over with another layer of foil and then place the lid
- Smoke until you get the desired amount of smokiness
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.