BALTIMORE, January 23, 2013 — This week Manti Te’o lied (sort of), Beyoncé lip-synced, and Michelle Obama got bangs. Beyond the headlines there was a great study on the success of Giving Tuesday and how social media can be used to land a job. This week’s chat will be discussing a little bit of pop culture, damage control, charitable successes and how to build a network with social media.
Dabney Porte. With a focus on lifestyle and female empowerment, Dabney has received worldwide attention and is known for her passion in building relationships online and in person. Her #smmanners chat, Tuesdays 10PM EST, is one of the best networks on Twitter. So good in fact, that Ricki Lake asked Dabney to build the Friends Of Ricki network for her.
1. How do you build an engaged network via social media?
2. Giving Tuesday, the charitable effort after Black Monday, was a huge success. How can it be improved upon next year?
3. Manti Te’o admitted to misleading the public. How would you coach him going forward?
4. What was the best/worst PR moment of the Inauguration?
5. How do you market to hipsters? Or do you? Is it even possible?
6. How can you use social media to land your next job?
Jeff Barrett is a leader in public relations, experiential marketing and social media. CEO of Status Creative, 2012 PRNewswire Award Winner for “Best Use of Video In Social Media” and once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.