MILLINOCKET, Maine, May 5, 2013 - A few quotes from the last week or so:
1. “I don’t think that the situation was technically a terrible scenario as far as his action, but the action did violate the context of the rule.” - Columbus school district superintendent Robert O’Connor
What was the violation? As Derrick Hayes finished first in Columbus High School’s 4 x 100-meter relay, he made a “gesture” … he pointed at the sky.
Officials ruled that the gesture violated a state scholastic rule against excessive celebration. The team was disqualified, and barred from competing at the state championships.
2. “We want people to call us if the guy down the street says he hates the government, hates the mayor and he’s gonna shoot him.” - Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, upon learning that the Florida House and Senate budget leaders have awarded him $1 million for a program he designed.
This adjunct to law enforcement will have specially trained deputies, mental health professionals and caseworkers. There will be a 24-hour hotline. These “prevention intervention” teams will respond with a knock on the door and a referral to services, if needed. (That citizen-reporting-with-law-enforcement-intervention idea worked out so well for the Nazi SS, don’t ya know?)
3. “When they’re 12 to 14, a dad puts his beautiful little daughter to bed. And then the next morning, there’s a snake in the bed.” Vice President Joe Biden, commenting about women coming of age.
4. “…insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage…” language in a resolution from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and several other Democrats, indicating how climate change could severely impact women. (Editors Note: What????)
5. “The two most popular drugs in America are anti-depressants and Viagra … I guess that means that as a nation, we are sad but horny.” – Angry Andy
6. In their own words – the Obama Administration’s attitude towards Benghazi’s deadly incident:
“What difference does it make?” - Hillary Clinton
“Benghazi was a long time ago.” - Opie (AKA Jay Carney)
“The president is not particularly concerned…” - Opie again, same press briefing
You can order Pithanthropy, The Human Conditioner, in print and on Kindle from Amazon.com
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.