WASHINGTON, February 23, 2013 — Next to the Super Bowl, everybody’s favorite Sunday is Oscars Sunday. And Sunday, February 24, promises to deliver another red carpet evening for everyone, whether you are a movie fanatic or the average moviegoer.
Yes, it will once again be too long but prepare to settle in with a glass of pinot noir and some cheap caviar and feel like you are part of the action on your television.
The TV schedule:
* Officially, the 85th Annual Academy Awards, aka The Oscars, airs live on ABC at 8:30 p.m. ET (5:30 p.m. PT), but long before the big moment, the action will be along the red carpet leading into Dolby Theater.
You can watch all the excitement here at Communities where we will be live streaming the AP Feed to our page.
* E! Entertainment will start broadcasting its own coverage “Countdown to the Red Carpet” at 1:30 p.m. ET (10:30 a.m. PT). Included in the show will be “The Hangover’s” monkey, Crystal, and a live tiger, in tribute to the monkey and tiger who starred in “Life of Pi” as well as Jennifer Lawrence’s personal archery trainer in “The Hunger Games” as well as interviews around Hollywood.
* E! Entertainment then continues at 5:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. PT) with Ryan Seacrest hosting “Live from the Red Carpet” and interviewing the stars as they wend their way from limo to their seats inside.
* Not to be outdone, MTV has red carpet coverage of its own with MTV News’ Josh Horowitz and VH1’s Janell Snowden at 5:30 p.m. ET (2:30 p.m. PT) on MTV.com. They will also ask questions of the stars from fans who tweet them, using @MTVNews, @JoshuaHorowitz, and @JanellSnowden, hashtag #OscarNightLive.
* The TV Guide Network has Chris Harrison as anchor of its coverage on “2013 Academy Awards Red Carpet” at 6 p.m. ET (3 p.m. PT).
* ABC will be hosting its own preview show “Oscar Red Carpet” at 7 p.m. ET (4 p.m. PT) with Lara Spencer, Jess Cagle, Kristin Chenoweth and Kelly Rowland meeting and greeting the arriving stars and nominees.
* ABC online has added celebrity chats with Chris Connelly, an entertainment and sports reporter, who as the Academy’s official Red Carpet greeter will interview the Oscar nominees, presenters and performers, streaming it all live on Oscar.com and on the official Oscars App.
BREAKING ALERT: Communities will be live streaming the pre-show festivities starting at 5:30 p.m. EST, Sunday, February 24, 2013.
Read more Oscars predictions in Looking West: From China to Hollywood, news and reviews
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.