A few great recipes for Easter from my kitchen to yours.
Open Face Egg and Asparagus Panini
- 8 pieces of sliced whole grain bread, 1 inch thick
- 8 eggs
- 12 asparagus
- ½ c olive oil
- ¼ Parmesan cheese
- ½ micro greens for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the asparagus lengthwise and blanch in salted water.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice whole grain bread into 1 inch slices and coat with olive oil and salt.
- Toast in the oven for 3-6 minutes to a light golden brown or crisp, but not burned.
- Fry eggs in a large nonstick sauté pan (cook 4 at a time max) and place a lid over the top to cook the eggs through. Salt and pepper the eggs before placing the lid.
- Repeat step 5 for the remainder of the eggs.
- Slide the eggs on to a cutting board and cut them to separate them.
- Place three blanched asparagus per toast and slide an egg on top; add Parmesan and garnish with micro greens.
Penne Pasta, Sun Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Trifle
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 c goat cheese
- ½ c of ½ and ½
- ½ c pesto*
- 1 c sun dried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Micro greens for garnish
- Boil pasta in a pot of salted water.
- Make pesto and set aside.
- Whisk goat cheese and ½ and ½ together; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the pesto and pasta together.
- In a large casserole dish or bowl, first layer the pasta, then spread the goat cheese and top with sun dried tomatoes and garnish with micro greens.
- Serve room temperature.
For more great cooking tips, recipes and stories from Chef Mary, visit her blog. To learn more about Chef Mary, check out her Hail Mary’s Inc. Web site. E-mail questions for Ask Chef Mary Fridays to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the Ask Chef Mary link above.
Check out Chef Mary’s Webisode on You Tube! You also can follow her on Facebook and Twitter!
New! Hail Mary Food of Grace Newsletter every Thursday. Sign up today at email@example.com
The information provided is general information about healthy eating. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice or treatment that may have been prescribed by your physician or other health care provider. Always consult a physician before starting any new diet or regimen.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.