January 1, 2013 – Starting at 11am, EST, Communities will be streaming the 2013 Rose Bowl Parade while Communities writers Sherrie Perkovich, Lisa Ruth, Jim Picht and Terry Ponick comment on the parade and Rose Bowl history via Google Hangout.
Communities Gayle Falkenthal will also be on hand, moderating a live, interactive chat where you can comment, ask questions and join in the parade fun:
- Kaiser Permanente features Dr. Seuss's Cat In The Hat on its float.
- The Natural Balance Pet Foods company float honors service dogs in the military and law enforcement, with service dogs riding on the float.
- Float sponsored by the Lutheran Church's Hour Ministries.
- Lions Club International sponsors a Rose Parade float saluting Lions Clubs around the world.
- The City of Los Angeles features Los Angeles International Airport or LAX in its float.
- The Korean War Veterans Association sponsors a float honoring those who served.
- Kiwanis Clubs International sponsor this float.
- Orange County, California Nurses first ever Rose Parade Float
- The City of Glendale, California's float theme is Living The Good Life.
- Farmers Insurance Group sponsors this float design.
- The City of Downey, California Rose Float Association promotes its city with this entry.
- Journeys of the Heart is the theme for the Donate Life float, encouraging organ donation to save lives.
- The Dole Company float theme is Dreaming of Paradise.
- The Disney Organization offers this float entry in the 2013 Rose Parade.
- Will China Air Lines win another award with this design?
- An artist's rendition for the 2013 Cal Poly Universities Rose Float, called Tuxedo Air.
- Richard Burrow, an architect from Mission Viejo, designed the float, ÒDeep Sea AdventuresÓ for the Burbank Tournament of Roses Association and the 2013 Rose Parade. Photo courtesy Burbank Tournament of Roses Association
- The city of Vancouver, Washington enters this float in the Rose Parade.
- The city of Torrence, California offers this float design highlighting city achievements.
- The city of South Pasadena offers this seafaring float entry.
- The Sister Cities Association of Los Angeles sponsors this travel oriented float.
- A rendering of the 2013 Rose Parade float entry by Sierra Madre, "The Sky's The Limit." The float is built throughout the year by an all-volunteer crew.
- The Shriners Hospitals for Children salute the many children in their care with this float.
- The Southern California city of San Gabriel offers this float entry.
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.