WASHINGTON, August 29, 2013 — The Willard InterContinental in Washington, D.C., along with eight other InterContinental properties across the U.S., is inviting fans to play an online sleuthing game.
By participating in the “Digital Detective” social media scavenger hunt, Facebook fans of InterContinental hotels will play by answering 9 questions. All answers can be found on each hotel’s page.
In addition to the Willard InterContinental, participating hotels include:
- InterContinental Chicago-Magnificent Mile
- InterContinental Cleveland, InterContinental Miami
- InterContinental New York Barclay
- InterContinental New York - Times Square
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- InterContinental San Francisco
“It’s Sherlock Holmes meets James Bond with a technological twist,” says Jane Davis, Director of Sales and Marketing. “We wanted to do something fun and interactive, and this program gives our fans a chance to learn about our properties in a fun and interactive way.”
To participate in the program, a participant must “like” each of the nine InterContinental properties. Then “digital detectives” must zero in on the clues that are hidden across each hotel’s Facebook page.Once detectives have answered the twelve multiple-choice questions they will be entered to win a spy fiction themed prize.
Grand prizes include:
• A getaway to Washington, including three days/two nights at the Willard InterContinental hotel, roundtrip airfare for two including transportation from the airport, a sky-diving experience, driving lessons on a closed race-course, tickets to the International Spy Museum, a $250 Macy’s gift card and a $500 gift card towards food and beverage.
• A trip to London includes five days/four nights at the InterContinental London Park Lane, roundtrip airfare and train from Heathrow to London for two, sky-diving experience, driving lessons on a closed race-course, a $500 Harrods gift certificate and $750 gift card towards food and beverage, and two tickets to a play in London’s West End.
The “Digital Detective” program launched August 26. For more information and to get started, please visit each hotel’s Facebook page:
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.