New York, October 9, 2012 ‑‑ Cooler temperatures, colorful leaves and autumn festivals. That’s fall for you. The season also happens to be one of the best times to book a vacation. Good deals and unique packages abound. Here’s a sampling:
Fall Foliage in the Ozarks
Big Cedar Lodge, a mountain resort in the Ozarks of Missouri, is perfect for leaf peeping in the fall. The “Autumn Harvest Family Escape” package includes a two-night stay, caramel apples upon arrival, the Fall Foliage Wildlife Tram Tour at the 10,000-acre Dogwood Canyon Nature Park and a breakfast buffet. This packages starts at $429 for a family of four. Valid through November 30, 2012
The romantic Maui bed and breakfast, The Plantation Inn, is offering 25 percent savings through December 19, 2012. For $191 per night, travelers book Lanai Rooms in this historic inn, which feature a king bed and double French doors opening to a covered lanai. Guests also receive complimentary daily breakfast at the Mobil 4-Star restaurant, Gerard’s. The Plantation Inn offers lush tropical gardens and close proximity to the historic district of Lahaina.
Vermont has launched Haunted Highways, a collection of ghost stories with lodging packages Here are a few highlights:
- Forty Putney Road Bed & Breakfast in Brattleboro is showcasing the spooky side of town at locations such as the Retreat Cemetery, just steps away from the inn, where numerous ghost sightings have occurred. Through November 30, 2012, rates start at $159 per night.
- The Green Mountain Inn in Stowe is encouraging guests to listen for the tap dancing steps of the inn’s former horseman Boots Berry. From October 21 through November 30, 2012, rates start at $96 per night.
- The Readmore Bed & Breakfast in Bellows Falls is offering a bottle of local Spooky Sparkling Cider and scary tales about the haunted “Cook’s Room” to travelers who book a two-night stay with breakfast through November 30, 2012. Total package price starts at $300.
- The White House Inn in Wilmington, which is haunted by the presence of the baroness who originally occupied the inn, is hosting a special séance/haunted tour with dinner on October 27, 2012. Rates for a two-night stay through November 30, 2012 start at $349.
- The Golden Stage Inn, where guests and staff have noticed strange events in the “new” wing, is encouraging curious visitors to have their own ghostly experience through November 30, 2012 with rates beginning at $165 per person.
Sand & City in the Caribbean
In Curacao, the Sandton Kura Hulanda presents its new “Best of Both Worlds” package for $190 per couple which includes two nights at the hotel property in downtown Willemstad and three at the seaside Lodge retreat along with these amenities:
- Complimentary bottle of champagne in room upon arrival
- Buffet breakfast daily for two
- Complimentary Saturday snorkel trip
- Complimentary admission to the Museum Kura Hulanda
- Rate valid until Dec 23, 2012
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.