NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. December 28—From December 28-31, 2012, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar will be offering its New Year’s Menu at its Newport Beach, California , and 64 other locations across 28 states.
Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the steak house is known for its signature wine list features 100 wines—served by the glass. The popular “5 For $6 ’Til 7” bar menu, consists of 5 appetizers, 5 cocktails and 5 distinctive wines by the glass — each priced at $6 and served nightly until 7 pm. Menu includes jumbo shrimp cocktail, roasted mushroom ravioli and the Prime Burger for those with smaller appetites or regular sized bank accounts.
Begin a festive evening with a holiday cocktail or featured bubbly (Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut, for instance, is $12 per glass or $100 for a magnum bottle).
The New Year’s Nights Celebration Menu features three choices of a luxe entrée, including a delectable poached Gulf shrimp appetizer. Choose the Delmonico steak with blue crab and Gruyere glassage with shaved black truffles, bacon-wrapped, braised leeks and balsamic reduction for $74.95. Or try the filet mignon & lobster-brioche bread pudding on roasted asparagus, with lemon beurre blanc and lobster reduction sauces and black truffle shavings for $69.95, or the lobster tail with mac and cheese (see above photo), a one pound east coast lobster tail, split and roasted with champagne, sage and lemon butter, served with Italian bacon for $79.00.
Fleming’s Chocolate Lava Cake
Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar Los Angeles shares their chocolate lava cake recipe, an intense chocolate lovers’ favorite that works well for the holidays or any time, especially with the raspberry sauce and raspberry garnish. Add vanilla ice cream, pistachios and a sprinkle of sea salt—your taste buds will thank you.
3/4 lb.+ Butter – lightly salted
3/4 lb. Semi Sweet Chocolate
5 Eggs - whole
3 Egg yolks
3/4 C Sugar
2 Tbs.+ Flour
- Cut butter and chocolate into small pieces then place in a mixing bowl. Set over top of a double boiler with simmering water. Heat the butter and chocolate until melted.
- While chocolate is melting, combine whole eggs and egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whip until slightly thick.
- Add sugar to eggs and whip for 1 minute to blend.
- Lightly whip the chocolate and the butter until smooth. Add the egg mixture to the chocolate and mix well. Fold in flour and combine well into chocolate mixture.
- Spread additional room temperature butter and flour in 6 small cups. Combine butter and flour making a smooth paste. Make sure to cover all areas in the cup.
- Fill each cup equally with batter to about half an inch from the top.
- Cook cake in 350 degree oven for 18 – 20 minutes until it is firm on top with a slight crust.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 1 – 2 minutes. Carefully tip cup onto a plate. Garnish with raspberry sauce or chocolate sauce, fresh berries, chopped pistachios, sea salt and vanilla ice cream (optional).
This article is the copyrighted property of the writer and Communities @ WashingtonTimes.com. Written permission must be obtained before reprint in online or print media. REPRINTING TWTC CONTENT WITHOUT PERMISSION AND/OR PAYMENT IS THEFT AND PUNISHABLE BY LAW.